Saturday, July 19, 2014

Befriend Your Feelings!

Before I begin sharing what I feel today, allow me to Thank the Universe for watching over those who are grieving for their loved ones who have just moved over to the spiritual realm. May they find peace and comfort knowing that their loved ones are currently in the great care of the Creator.

What is the first thing that come to you when you heard or read about the tragic news of MH17? PAUSE right there! Be very truthful to yourself. Was it a question that popped up in your mind? Or was it a feeling that swelled your heart? I don't know about you, but for me, it was an immediate tsunami that took over my entire body. My heart sank to the rock bottom before it burst out with an upheaval of deep sorrow. Feelings... oh... so much feelings... that it took me a long while before I could continue my day.

What about you? Were you knocked down by a question bolt? For example, "Why MH again?" Do not get me wrong, as there is no right or wrong here. I would like to bring you a different perception through this unfortunate event. Many of us were trained or conditioned from young to be analytical, to function from the mind. Hence, I won't be surprised if you were one of those who had a question that popped up in the mind first. With this questioning from the mind, many were unable to feel fully as they were disconnected from their heart. Though they did feel later, however, the feeling would not be as deep if there was not a question in the first place. This, I would call "The Safety Net" that one places around one's heart in order to safe guard one's vulnerability. The effect is suppressed feelings. Over time, these suppressed feelings if not fully released, blocked one's ability to fully live and appreciate life. And long term suppressed feelings could develop into all kinds of dis-eases.

Befriend your feelings! Feeling your feelings is the only way to release them. There is no right or wrong feelings. They are just e-motions (Energy in Motions) and they come and go. The faster we allow ourselves to feel our feelings, the easier it is for us to let go. The longer we hold the feelings within us, the weirder our behaviors will get. Learn to express your feelings in a safe way without invalidating yourself or others.

The more you feel, the more authentic you are! Stop hiding behind your Safety Net. Live your life fully and bravely!

Read more on my eNewsletter!

Love Always,
Gladys

No comments:

Post a Comment